20 x 20 inches
acrylic and mixed media on gallery wrap canvas
A kind man once took my family for a boat ride on a lake in Northern Arkansas. The landscape was striking to me in that the lake was bordered by heavily treed hills; there were few flat areas for swimmers to enjoy a lakeside beach or for boats to launch. This was a fisherman's paradise and so I began to think about how on the surface all seemed quiet but below the water there must be all kinds of aquatic life activity going on.
- 20 x 20 x 1.5 inch gallery wrap canvas - wired and ready to hang
- Layers of thinly laid acrylic paint over acrylic mediums and collaged papers
- Descriptive textural elements: cut papers, acrylic mediums, screening, mat board, wire
- Oil pastel highlights are added at the end of the process and the painting is finished with a clear acrylic varnish for surface protection
- The painting extends around all sides of the gallery wrapped canvas