20 x 20 inches
acrylic and mixed media on gallery wrap canvas
This painting is an abstracted landscape inspired by the kind of satellite imagery seen on Google Earth. In this imaginary land form you can perceive a shoreline against a body of water, perhaps an island connected to the mainland by a bridge. The square cutouts and are indicative of building locations, texture build-up implies terrain and the glass beads; population aggregates. I can imagine what it must be like looking out the window of the space station, watching the clouds and atmospheric conditions move over the earth.
- 20 x 20 x 1.5 inch gallery wrap canvas - wired and ready to hang
- Layers of thinly laid acrylic paint over acrylic mediums and collaged papers
- Descriptive textural elements: cut papers, acrylic mediums, screening, mat board, wire, fabric, beads, plastic,foil
- Oil pastel highlights are added at the end of the process and the painting is finished with a clear acrylic varnish for surface protection
- The painting extends around all sides of the gallery wrapped canvas