Sailing the Blue 1
12 x16 inches
This is an abstracted seascape, whimsical in nature and open to interpretation as to scale, the nature of the orange compositional element and the perspective from which we see the sailboat. When 1 and 2 are put together, it changes again.
- 12 x 16 x 1.5 inch gallery wrap canvas - wired and ready to hang
- Layers of thinly laid acrylic paint over acrylic mediums and collaged papers
- Descriptive textural elements: cut papers, acrylic mediums, screening, foil, wire
- Oil pastel highlights are added at the end of the process and the painting is finished with a clear acrylic varnish for surface protection
- The painting extends around all sides of the gallery wrapped canvas