Red Light Camera
48 x 36 inches
acrylic and mixed media on gallery wrap canvas
This abstract painting is a reflection of a cross country car trip and the many things one encounters and deals with such as maps, detours, boredom, car parts, gas stations, radio, music, talk, staying awake, and of course, red light cameras. On this particular trip, the red light cameras were mounted above the highway on a huge steel scaffold as it turned into the NY State Turnpike, and I had missed the "pay here" exit.
- 48 x 36 x 1.5 inch gallery wrap canvas - wired and ready to hang
- Layers of thinly laid acrylic paint over acrylic mediums and collaged papers
- Descriptive textural elements: cut papers, acrylic mediums, metal, styrofoam, maps, screening, found objects, etc.
- Oil pastel highlights are added at the end of the process and the painting is finished with a clear acrylic varnish for surface protection
- The painting extends around all sides of the gallery wrapped canvas