Magic Valley 2
16 x 20 inches
I took a trip to the southwest one year. While driving through Colorado I found myself entranced by the magic of the mountains. I saw the ancient petroglyphs of Mesa Verde and the remainders of Native American stone pueblos built beneath the overhanging cliffs. I sat and imagined what it must have been like during the height of the pueblo civilization in say,1225 - the only night illumination being campfires and the light of the moon. There had to be activity, animal sounds, traditional spiritual celebrations. It left me with a kind of magical feeling about those mesas and canyons.
- 16 x 20 x 1.5 inch gallery wrap canvas - wired and ready to hang
- Layers of thinly laid acrylic paint over acrylic mediums and collaged papers
- Descriptive textural elements: cut papers, acrylic mediums
- Oil pastel highlights are added at the end of the process and the painting is finished with a clear acrylic varnish for surface protection
- The painting extends around all sides of the gallery wrapped canvas