36 x 36 inches
acrylic and mixed media on gallery wrap canvas
This painting is an abstracted landscape inspired by the kind of satellite imagery seen on the Google Earth and NASA websites. In the process of developing a commissioned painting of New Orleans for a client I did a lot of research about the area and became interested in just where and how the Mississippi River made its way to the Gulf of Mexico. Hurricane Katrina had done its worst by that time and the news was full of information concerning the changing nature of the wetlands in the Delta region and that imagery became a painting.
- 36 x 36 x 1.5 inch gallery wrap canvas - wired and ready to hang
- Layers of thinly laid acrylic paint over acrylic mediums and collaged papers
- Descriptive textural elements: cut papers, acrylic mediums, screening, mat board, wire, fabric, beads, plastic, fabric, foil, styrofoam
- Oil pastel highlights are added at the end of the process and the painting is finished with a clear acrylic varnish for surface protection
- The painting extends around all sides of the gallery wrapped canvas