30 x 40 inches
acrylic and mixed media on gallery wrap canvas
This is one of a series of Moon Paintings I did exploring the different ways in which we think of the moon. Think about the role the moon plays as children venture into the night to catch fireflies.
- 30 x 40 x 1.5 inch gallery wrap canvas - wired and ready to hang
- Layers of thinly laid acrylic paint over acrylic mediums and collaged papers
- Descriptive textural elements: cut papers, acrylic mediums, foil
- Oil pastel highlights are added at the end of the process and the painting is finished with a clear acrylic varnish for surface protection
- The painting extends around all sides of the gallery wrapped canvas