10 x10 inches
acrylic and mixed media
I lived next door to an accomplished cello player. Very late in the night, when his children were all asleep, he would sit in his attic, pick up his beautiful instrument and play. Because it was summertime his windows were open, as were mine and the most beautiful music would drift down to me through the quiet, warm air.
This painting has underlying texture built up from tissue paper and acrylic medium. I add numerous thin layers of paint mixed on the palette until I have just what I want. That is when the final collage elements are added.
- 10 x 10 x 1.5 inch gallery wrap canvas - wired and ready to hang
- Layers of thinly laid acrylic paint over acrylic mediums and collaged papers
- Descriptive textural elements: cut paper, metal, string, shell, glass and beads
- Oil pastel highlights are added at the end of the process and the painting is finished with a clear acrylic varnish for surface protection
- The painting extends around all sides of the gallery wrapped canvas
- Black, lacquered wood float frame - satin finish
- 11-1/2 x 11-1/2 x 2 inches - outside frame dimensions